YOLO Beav

Beaver is my name, YOLO is my game. You Only Live Once!

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Midnight In Cannes

It is well PASSED midnight in Cannes... but I have just returned home from seeing the late-night premiere of Woody Allen's "Midnight In Paris," the 2011 Cannes Film Festival Opener. It has been described as 'a love letter to Paris' and I can't disagree with that. Having personally fallen in love with the city some years ago during a semester-long study abroad in the City of Light, I can attest to sharing those love affair feelings with France's capital. I've often said that even seeing pictures of Paris is both wonderful and gut-wrenching at the same time - as if I am looking at photos of an ex-boyfriend. Woody Allen does the city and his actors justice in 'Midnight' which is truly a step in the right direction for his recent work.

No comments:

Post a Comment