YOLO Beav

Beaver is my name, YOLO is my game. You Only Live Once!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Slacking

I promise to finish writing about the last few days.  I have seen three new movies that I am dying to tell you about among many other things.  So I will include all of this when I finish posting later tonight (afternoon - your time).

For now, though, I'm going to take a break from this blogging business to take care of some REAL business over here.  I have to:

- Get back in touch with film critic, Michael Phillips (Chicago Tribune), about speaking with our students this Friday evening.  And since it seems like our good fortune has run out at the Hotel Victoria (their hospitality for our "free" meetings lasted only so long) I must book another place for us to meet with our guest speakers.  Luckily, I found a super swanky hotel right across the street from the Victoria that looks like it'll work.  Need to get back in touch with the manager there and book a time/menu for us on Friday (they're charging us in food/drinks instead of a base price....which I can appreciate).

- I also have two friends in town who arrived via train last night.  They have backpacked through 5 countries in the past week.  That makes me tired to think about.  So now they're shacking at my place in Juan-Les-Pins to slow down their pace for a few days of R&R on the beach.  I think I may join them for a couple hours this afternoon.

- While sunning in the sand today I also need to jot some ideas down for my next article on athensexchange.com since I have left them hanging since last week.  I feel really bad, but the business of Cannes has consumed my life and left little time for solid, reflective writing.  I will give it my best effort later today, though.

- Tonight is the red carpet premiere of the in-competition Tarantino film, "Inglorious Basterds," starring Brad Pitt.  The Croisette is going to be CROWDED tonight because everyone will want a glimpse of Brangelina.  Most of our students are going to beg the hardest they've begged so far for a ticket to tonight's screening, I know.  While I would love to be in there with Brangey and 'tino, I think the chaos would be more than I could handle in heels.  Instead I think my visiting friends and I will don some long-sleeve tees and flops to observe the red carpet from afar and then hit up the laid-back movie on the beach with a make-shift picnic on a blanket.  That is much more my speed these days.

- Then hopefully tonight I can muster up enough energy to finish posting about the last few days.  I'll channel "The Little Engine That Could" as much as humanly possible ("...I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..").


Until tonight, mes amis...   A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment