YOLO Beav

Beaver is my name, YOLO is my game. You Only Live Once!

Thursday, June 4, 2009

June 3. Danny's Birthday!

For Dan's birthday we went out to eat at a restaurant on the beach (literally ON the beach...our table/feet were in the sand) called Le Jetee. I had salmon and Dan had steak. Some highlights: listening to the calm waves of the Mediterranean hit the beach as we ate, watching the sunset from the dinner table, the amazing waitstaff and how nice they were to us --- our waiter even surprised us with two complimentary birthday shots at the end of dessert.




After dinner the plan was to head back to the residence and have a glass of wine in my room before heading out on the town for a rare night out. All week Dan had encouraged me to talk up his birthday with the students to see if anyone wanted to go out and celebrate....but I just kept telling him how they all had papers due the following day and I doubted many people would be able to make it out.

Arriving back to my room I turned the key to the door and Dan walked in to flick on the lights. Right on cue he was met with a huge "SURPRISE!" from a roomful of students dressed in all white. Yes, folks. I am the first person in Dan's 32-year history to have ever successfully thrown him a surprise party -- and a surprise WHITE party, at that (I'm patting myself on the back as I type).

The white party under black lights. We took the party out to Juan-Les-Pins super-Euro, Club M. There was dancing aplenty as we celebrated Danny's birthday in style.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAN!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment