YOLO Beav

Beaver is my name, YOLO is my game. You Only Live Once!

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Student Check-Out Day

Today is the official end to the 2009 Cannes Film Festival Study Abroad Program at UGA.  It is 8:26AM here in France and I have been checking students out since 4:30AM this morning.  All but three people have checked out of the residence and made their way to both the Nice airport for long plane rides home and to the train station for many post-program travels.

I am emotionless, but I think that's only because I'm too tired to "feel" right now.  I'm sure this all will hit me (the students being gone, the fact that I have to leave my life at the beach) later on.  If it doesn't hit me later today then I'm sure it will tomorrow as I'm on an Air France flight for a 3-day getaway in Paris.  And if it doesn't hit me then then it'll for sure hit me come Thursday morning when I'm back in the offices of Fletcher Martin a mere 12-hours after I've touched down stateside.  My mind cannot even begin to fathom what that morning will feel like.

For now, I want to soak up the rest of my time in this beautiful, quaint, dreamlike place.  I hate to leave it, but I can't WAIT to come back!

I'm adding more pictures to my last post (which can be found below this one) as I wait for the last of the students to turn in their keys.  After those final goodbyes you can find me passed out from exhaustion on the beaches of JLP for one last day in the Mediterranean sun.  Okay, I think it's starting to hit me...  I better go focus now so I can ditch this laptop and get out to enjoy this lovely, sunny, French life to which I've grown so accustomed.

A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment