YOLO Beav

Beaver is my name, YOLO is my game. You Only Live Once!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Firenze

aka- Florence... is where I am now and where I will be for the next 2 days. Not originally a part of my plan - although I didn't really have a plan - but alas this is where I am and I like it.

We left Cinque Terre early this morning after a good day and a half of eating, hiking, swimming, and lounging on rocks at the water's edge. Noticing that our train to Florence connected in Pisa, I suggested we stop there for a touristy and snapshot-heavy pitstop at the famous tower. Beaucoups of pictures to follow...

After Pisa we had a slight mis-step in all catching the same train, but we YOLO'd our way through it and found each other at the hotel lobby in Florence just fine.

...which brings us to the present momen. We arrived to the hotel in Florence - knowing that three girls (half of our group) had a reservation scheduled here. The Hodge Twins and I had no reservations anywhere in Florence. Our mis-steps turned into mini-miracles as the guy working the front desk of the hotel (which was ENTIRELY BOOKED, mind you) somehow arranged to switch our rooms so that ALL SIX OF US can room together in mac-daddy Florence suite. We have a king bed, a double bed, and two twin beds AND our own bathroom. Not to mention enough extra space with which we could accomodate a middle school dance. There's also a chandelier. Oh la la. So, needless to say, I have sidelined my plans of arriving earlier in Rome and will now be in Florence for a couple of days. Hard to pass this deal up.

Well, I'm off to find some gelato. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment