YOLO Beav

Beaver is my name, YOLO is my game. You Only Live Once!

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Revelation

While talking to Dan tonight using an international calling card from my favorite beachside phone booth - I had a revelation. We realized that I would be home in exactly 3 weeks (21 days) meaning that I have been here for 40 days thus far - since I am here a total of 61 days. Yes, I counted before I left.

Anyway, it dawned on me that 40 days is the same amount of time as Lent... which THEN got me thinking even further. During Lent this year I gave up bread & cheese, but had Dan with me by my side throughout that time. Now, though, during this pseudo-Lent (40 days as of today), I have unlimited bread & cheese, but I don't have Dan.

How come I can't have BREAD & CHEESE & DAN all at the same time?! These are only 3 of my favorite things!! Oh well. Just thought that was interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment