YOLO Beav

Beaver is my name, YOLO is my game. You Only Live Once!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hat Trick

Just realized tonight that this is the third World Cup in a row during which I've been in Europe. A recap of vivid snippets I remember from each of the last three tourneys...

2002
Sitting in a park in Geneva, Switzerland with several of my high school French classmates watching World Cup games on a huge screen that had been erected in the middle of a public square area.

2006
Sitting in an alley in the streets of Rome outside a bar that had set up two 32" tv's out onto the road so more people could see. Italy won this year, so I remember things being INSANE!

2010
Tonight...whilst enjoying a brew and watching Uruguay (unfortunately) beat South Africa in an Irish Pub of sorts in Antibes, France I made my realization of how Europe calls me to its continent during World Cup years.


That is all. More realizations to come, I'm sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment