YOLO Beav

Beaver is my name, YOLO is my game. You Only Live Once!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day Huit

I had an early start in Cannes today, so I came back relatively early tonight. Now, I sit in my room typing away on my white laptop, catching up on the past week’s worth of activity. Quite a task.

I am not alone, though – no. For tonight I am accompanied by some white noise in the background… “French Idol” (entitled “Nouvelle Star”). Exactly like “American Idol” – which, incidentally I never watch at home – this French version of the show features pretty-faced young folks who are mediocre karaoke singers, at best. The greatest factor by far, however, is that these poor native Frenchies find themselves singing almost exclusively American songs. For instance, one of the male contestants just gave his best shot at the classic hit, “Well Comb Two Zee Oh Tell Callie Four Knee Ah.”

*Holy crepe! Important interruption! A fantastic French commercial that I’ve never seen before just came on – only it’s in English and the people in it are George Clooney and John Malkovich. (Do the Coen Freres work on international ad campaigns in their down time? Makes you wonder…) Anyway, wow. I must instantly find this on YouTube and add the link on here so you can share in this amazingness with me. Voila: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODB9xXLZ2oE&feature=related

Okay, back to typing my blog and watching “Nouvelle Star” (so much for white noise. Anybody got an Adderall?)

…two hours later...

Okay, just remembered I have my final meeting of the year for the ‘09/’10 GDS Alumni Board. Crap. Gotta run downstairs and see if I can get on internet to join this online board meeting. If it works I will be occupied with that from midnight-2am. Ah, the joys of having a full plate. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment